Tuesday, November 1

November New Releases

I hope everyone had a good Halloween yesterday!  It was good for me because it hasn't snowed yet in my neck of the woods.  LOL  But that means that today's the start of a new month and so here are the books we're looking forward to in November.  I can't believe it's November already.  And I want to apologize ahead of time for adding to your tbr pile.  haha

November 01

The Next Always by Nora Robert
published by Berkley
The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett's social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen...
Genre: Contemporary romance
Series: Inn Boonsboro trilogy, Book #1

Ames: I always look forward to Nora's contemporary romances and this one is no exception.

Nath: I know, me as well :) She is not La Nora for nothing and usually delivers :)

Monroe: This book sounds so great... NR is always so "feel good" for me!


The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas
published by Berkley
In Harmony, Texas, twenty-year-old Reagan Truman has found her place, and found her family. But with her uncle taken ill and her friend Noah lost and disheartened with his life, Reagan is afraid of ending up alone again, and she's not the only one. When a terrible storms threatens the town, the residents of Harmony are forced to think about what they really want. Because making the connections they so desperately desire means putting their hearts at risk...
Genre: Contemporary romance
Series: Harmony series, Book #3

Nath: Been a fan of Ms Thomas for a while. I love her writing, there's just something special about it. I'm looking forward to The Comforts of Home. I thought the last book ended a bit on a cliff-hanger note and just want to see what is happening with the people of Harmony. Crossing my fingers for Reagan and Noah to find each other again.

Monroe: Ive never read this series but it sounds pretty interesting!


Heart of Darkness by Lauren Dane
published by Berkley
Someone is illegally siphoning magic from the font of the Clan. When Meriel Owen, next in line to control the largest organization of witches in the country, discovers that it's the hot owner of a notorious underground club, she strikes an unusual deal that may plunge them all into the heart of darkness.
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Bound by Magic series, Book #1

Ames: Lauren Dane is an auto-buy author for me. And this is the beginning of a new series and I have to say, I'm intrigued. :P

Nath: I've been meaning to read Ms Dane, but I don't know... It's just not happening. However, I have to say this one intrigues me a lot!! Hey, it has witches in it!

Monroe: I ditto Ames! lol Lauren Dane rocks and this one sounds like a winner!


Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook
published by Berkley
Growing up in the dangerous world of the Iron Seas, the mercenary captain of the airship Lady Corsair, Yasmeen, has learned to keep her heart hard as steel. Ruthless and cunning, her only loyalty is to her ship and her crew-until one man comes along and changes everything...

Treasurehunter Archimedes Fox isn't interested in the Lady Corsair-just the captain and the valuable da Vinci sketch she stole from him. When it attracts a dangerous amount of attention, Yasmeen and Archimedes journey to Horde-occupied Morocco- and straight into enemy hands.
Genre: Steampunk
Series: Ironseas series, Book #2

Ames: Meljean is another auto-buy author. I have The Iron Duke in my tbr pile but not having read it isn't going to keep me from getting this one! LOL

Nath: LOL, ditto for me ^_^; I had a block with The Iron Duke... but sometimes, I find that jumping in the middle of a series helps that block...

Monroe: Never read this author...maybe I should.


The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne
published by Berkley
Attacked on a rainy London street, veteran spy Justine DeCabrillan knows only one man can help her: Hawker, who also happens to be the enemy. With London crawling with hidden assassins and someone out to frame Hawker for the assault, the two spies must work together to find who's out to destroy them...
Genre: Historical romance
Series: The Spymaster's Lady series, Book #4

Ames: I'm not a fan of spies but I am a fan of Joanna Bourne so I'll still get this one.


Fortune's Son by Emery Lee
published by Sourcebooks
Philip Drake, an impoverished but titled gentleman, is forced to liquidate his assets and go back to his past gaming habits in an effort to right himself. Lady Susannah Messingham is a woman with a past and nearly ten years Philip's senior. After watching him at the tables, she propositions him to teach her to win at gaming. This fascinating and original look at an uncharted aspect of English life explores a gentleman snared by gambling, the threat of debtor's prison, and the wayward lady who redeems him.
Genre: Historical romance
Series: n/a

Ames: This cover is soooo different from Emery's first book's cover (see it here). But that's ok, I'm still interested in this one.

Nath: Oh wow, indeed, a very different style of cover! But you know what they say, Ames. Don't judge a book by its cover...


If You Give a Girl a Viscount by Kieran Kramer
published by St. Martin's Press
If life were a fairy tale, Daisy Montgomery’s stepmother and two stepsisters would surely be cast in the wicked roles. For years, they’ve made life miserable for Daisy. But when she discovers she has a godmother, she’s determined to ask her for help. Little did Daisy expect her godmother to play matchmaker with her very own grandson—who happens to be a viscount!

A freewheeling playboy, Charles Thorpe, Viscount Lumley, is bored with his wealth-seeking female admirers. Not only that, he’s been cut off from the family coffers. One day, on a bet, he rids himself of what little money he has left in his pockets and vows to solve problems using his wits alone. But when the Impossible Bachelor is confronted with Daisy’s plan to save her castle, the payoff is more than he could have bargained for. Sometimes, if you give a girl a viscount, you just might find love...
Genre: Historical romance
Series: Impossible Bachelors series, Book #4

Ames: Ok, I have a problem. I only read the first book in this series! LOL But I liked it enough that I've bought all the other books. I think this one sounds cute.

Nath: When Ms Kramer's debut novel came out, I was really interested... but I don't know, never got around to read it ^_^; This one does sound cute, but till I read that first book, it's going to wait.


The Spy Who Left Me by Gina Robinson
published by St. Martin's Press
If there’s one thing that can ruin a vacation, it’s running into your ex. Just ask Treflee Miller. If she’d only known that her husband Ty would be here in Hawaii—muscular, sun-bronzed, and infuriatingly gorgeous—she would have brought the divorce papers for him to sign. But life is full of surprises when you’re married to a world-class spy...

Ty Miller can understand why his wife is tired of playing Mrs. James Bond. He’s never home, he’s always on a mission, and he’s usually surrounded by exotic informants. He has to admit that the perfect spy makes a pretty lousy husband. But for the sake of Ty’s security and Treflee’s safety, they can’t blow his cover. Not here. Not now. Not when his longing is so strong, her lips so tempting—and his enemies so close...
Genre: Contemporary romance, Romantic Suspense (?)
Series: Agent Ex series, Book #1

Nath: I was looking at the upcoming releases and this one really caught my attention. This sounds funny and exactly something I'd love to read :) Hopefully, it'll be a winner :)

Monroe: This book sounds fun!


Hide from Evil by Jami Alden
published by Grand Central Publishing
Like a chess master, he carefully weighs his next move... advancing slowly until he is sure he can capture his helpless pawn. For in his mind, there's no way to...

HIDE FROM EVILSean Flynn should feel lucky he's alive. But a betrayal by a close friend-and two years on death row-has left him feeling only numb. When his conviction was overturned, Sean retreated to a quiet woodland cabin, far away from prying eyes. There, he believed, the past couldn't come back to haunt him... until she showed up.

Overcome with guilt, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Krista Slater can't forgive herself for convicting an innocent man. But when another brutal murder reveals chilling, new facts about his case, she must turn to Sean for help. She's ready to face his anger, but the desire in his eyes ignites a need she's never felt before. Shadowed by danger, Sean and Krista uncover a twisted maze of deception and betrayal-all under the dangerous gaze of a cunning mastermind who will do whatever it takes to keep his evil secrets safe.
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Evil trilogy, Book #2

Nath: Hmmm, I'm a bit wary about this one. I liked Beg for Mercy well enough - mostly skimmed through it though. I enjoyed Ms Alden's writing and the suspense of the book... However, Hide from Evil has a story trope which is not necessarily one that I enjoy in RS. Still, whenever I'll be in the mood for RS, I should pick up this. Am I making sense?


Wanted by her Lost Love by Maya Banks
published by Harlequin
Despite his fiancée's chilling betrayal, developer Ryan Beardsley provided for Kelly Christian when he sent her packing. So he's livid to find her working in a dingy Houston diner, desperate and pregnant. Regardless of whether the baby is his—or his brother's—Ryan demands that Kelly return to New York with him. Now. For the baby's sake. Or maybe because the woman's as irresistible as ever...
Genre: Category romance, Contemporary romance
Series: Pregnancy & Passion series, Book #2

Ames: It's Maya!

Monroe: Woop Maya Banks!


All They Need by Sarah Mayberry
published by Harlequin
After all Melanie Porter has been through recently, it's time to put her dreams first. And she starts by opening a vacation retreat outside of Melbourne. As she considers her next step, the unexpected happens. One of her guests—a friend—the very attractive Flynn Randall makes it clear he's in pursuit.
Mel is definitely tempted. Who wouldn't be?

But Flynn comes with strings that could derail her plans. First, he's part of the world she eagerly left behind. Second, he's ready for a commitment, while she's still embracing life on her own.

A resolution seems impossible until Flynn proves that she's still in the driver's seat!
Genre: Category romance, contemporary romance
Series: none

Ames: This one sounds so cute, and I love friends-to-lovers, which Sarah does so well. :P

Nath: I'll probably wait for reviews for this one, but it does sound good :)


November 22

To Wed a Wild Lord by Sabrina Jeffries
published by Simon & Schuster
Drowning in guilt over his best friend's death seven years ago, Lord Gabriel Sharpe, the Angel of Death, knows his only hope at redemption is a race against a shocking opponent.

Shrouded in darkness for the past seven years, the infamous racer Lord Gabriel Sharpe is known to accept every challenge to race thrown at him. When his next challenge comes in the form of his late best friend's sister, Virginia Waverly, Gabe is shocked. Yet she presents just the opportunity Gabe needs--marriage to fulfill his grandmother's ultimatum and ensure his inheritance. What he didn't count on was needing her love.
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Hellions of Halstead Hall series, Book #4

Ames: I want this one. But I haven't even read the other books in this series yet!!

Nath: LOL, will you go back and read the first three books then? I'm looking forward to this one. I think it'll be interested. Gabe has been haunted by the death of his best friend and I'm sure there's more to it than meet the eye. So it'll be interesting :)


Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh
published by Harlequin
Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out...

As the dark Lord who condemns souls to damnation in the Abyss, Micah is nothing but a feared monster wrapped in impenetrable black armor. He has no idea he is the last heir of Elden, its last hope. Only one woman knows—the daughter of his enemy.

Liliana is nothing like her father, the Blood Sorcerer who’d cursed Micah. She sees past Micah’s armor to the prince inside. A prince whose sinful touch she craves. But first she has to brave his dark, dangerous lair and help him remember. Because they only have till midnight to save Elden.
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Royal House of Shadows series, Book #4

Ames: It's Nalini. 'Nuff said.

Nath: I've never read Ms Singh's Harlequin books... This is still paranormal, so not too far from Ms Singh's niche... I'm most probably going to give it a try. Not sure if I'll go back and read the previous books in the series though.

Ames: I was pondering that too, but I probably won't. LOL

Monroe: WHY DONT I KNOW ABOUT THIS SERIES?!?! I love Nalini!


Saint's Astray by Jacqueline Carey
published by Grand Central Publishing
Fellow orphans, amateur vigilantes, and members of the Santitos, Loup Garron-the fugitive daughter of a genetically engineered "wolf man"-and Pilar Ecchevarria grew up in the military zone of Outpost 12, formerly known as Santa Olivia. But now they're free, and they want to help the rest of the Santitos escape. During a series of escapades, they discover that Miguel, Loup's former sparring partner and reprobate surrogate brother, has escaped from Outpost 12 and is testifying on behalf of its forgotten citizens-at least until he disappears from protective custody. Honor drives Loup to rescue Miguel, even though entering the U.S could mean losing her liberty. Pilar vows to help her.

It will take a daring and absurd caper to extricate Miguel from the mess he's created but Loup is prepared to risk everything... and this time she has help.
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Series: Santa Olivia #2

Ames: I love Jacqueline Carey. I haven't read Santa Olivia yet but Jacqueline is an auto-buy author for me.


November 29

Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews
published by Berkley
Audrey Callahan left behind her life in the Edge, and she's determined to stay on the straight and narrow. But when her brother gets into hot water, the former thief takes on one last heist and finds herself matching wits with a jack of all trades...

Kaldar Mar-a gambler, lawyer, thief, and spy-expects his latest assignment tracking down a stolen item to be a piece of cake, until Audrey shows up. But when the item falls into the hands of a lethal criminal, Kaldar realizes that in order to finish the job, he's going to need Audrey's help...
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: The Edge series, Book #3

Nath: I love, love, love the Kate Daniels series, but have yet to be won over by The Edge series. However, I remember that I only fell in love with Kate Daniels with book #3... so I hope Fate's Edge will have the same magic. The fact that I already like Kaldar seems like a good sign LOL.


Silver Sparks by Starr Ambrose
published by Simon & Schuster
The Larkin sisters are used to hearing whispers behind their backs. Being raised by hippie parents in the small resort town of Barringer’s Pass, Colorado, they were always considered oddballs, and for a while, they did everything they could to earn the name. But now, older and wiser, they're discovering that it's not so great to be the wild child, and are struggling to earn a new place for themselves in town.

When Maggie Larkin resists the come-ons of a sleazy actor in town to shoot a film, she pisses off more than a pretty boy and his manager. Turns out that Rafe DeLuca isn't just a movie star...he's possibly a killer, and Maggie's landed herself in more trouble than she could imagine. Enter Cal Drummond, cop extraordinaire, who's been trailing DeLuca himself for weeks, convinced that his recently murdered sister is one of Rafe's victims. He's determined not to let another woman be victimized by the dangerous Rafe, and if that means sticking like glue to Maggie, so be it.

Maggie and Cal seem like perfect opposites, but as we all know...opposites attract!
Genre: Contemporary romance
Series: none

Nath: I've read Ms Ambrose before and I like her stuff. It's not extraordinaire, but it's enjoyable :) I might not get this one right away, but it'll be on my radar... Plus, I love the cover for some reasons. I guess it's the dress LOL.


Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
published by Kensington
Logan Quinn was try­ing to kill me. My Spar­tan class­mate relent­lessly pur­sued me, swing­ing his sword at me over and over again, the shin­ing sil­ver blade inch­ing closer to my throat every time. A smile tugged up his lips, and his ice-blue eyes prac­ti­cally glowed with the thrill of battle...

I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Acad­emy, and I have no idea how I’m going to sur­vive the rest of the semes­ter. One day, I’m get­ting schooled in sword­play by the guy who broke my heart — the drop-dead gor­geous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invis­i­ble archer in the Library of Antiq­ui­ties decides to use me for tar­get prac­tice. And now, I find out that some­one at the acad­emy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword — with Logan’s help — I just might die by the sword...
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Series: Mythos Academy series, Book #2

Nath: I really need to review Touch of Frost before Kiss of Frost comes out. Guess I have a month :) I'm a fan of Ms Estep, plus I enjoyed Touch of Frost... so I"m definitively picking this one :)

Monroe: This sounds good! Right up my alley!

 That's what we're looking forward to. How about you?

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I know these books are coming out but some of them still seem SO far away! The months are going faster and fast though so I better pre-order! lol

Rowena said...

I enjoyed the NR, didn't like it as much as I thought I would but it was still enjoyable (and totally feel good), the only other book that I'm looking forward to from this list is the Kieran Kramer. Ames, I'm worst than you because I have all of the books in the series (except this one) but I haven't even read the first one. It doesn't stop me from wanting them all, greedy wench that I am. =)

Marg said...

Looking forward to the Nora Roberts. One of these days I need to read Joanna Bourne! I've been meaning to for the longest time!

Also looking forward to the Sabrina Jeffries, but really don't like the cover on that one!

Didn't know that there was a new Sarah Mayberry. I have read a couple of her books this year and really liked them so will make an effort to find this one!

~ames~ said...

Tracy-I know what you mean. LOL Fortunately, the harlequins are available for downloading right now. :P

Wena-Whew! Glad to know I'm not the only one like that. hehe You should read the first one, it was cute!

Marg-Sarah Mayberry, I just love her stuff. She does friends-to-lovers so well. :P I agree about the Jeffries cover - it doesn't fit in with the other book covers in the series.

Marg said...

The bloke just looks far too modern for me.

nath said...

Tracy - LOL, it'll definitively be faster than you think, Tracy!! :)

Rowena - I think NR writing is like comfort food you know :) We're just so used to it. Yay if the story and romance are really captivating... but otherwise, still good :)

What books are you looking forward to then?

Marg - Gotta agree with you, the cover for the Sabrina Jeffries isn't great. The guy's bad enough, but the color?!? Looks too pastel ^_^;

Christine said...

You girls are killing me here. I gotta learn how to speed read.

Here's my plan....
From the library, I will DEFINITELY get:
The Next Always by Nora Roberts
Saint's Astray by Jacqueline Carey.

Ames, you gotta read Santa Olivia! It was so good--so fascinating both plot-wise and character-wise. Love the cover of this next one. I'm so curious as to what's going to happen.

I will buy these because I want them:
Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook
The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne

I have all of Bourne's spy books, including a signed copy of Forbidden Rose that I got at RWA. Ms. Bourne is SO incredibly sweet! Unfortunately, I'm behind in her series, but actually just pulled The Spymaster's Lady from my shelf to re-read it.

THEN... I will "possibly" buy these:
Hide from Evil by Jami Alden. ... after I've read her first one. LOL.

Nalini's book because well.. it's NALINI! Anyone know if we can read Lord of the Abyss as stand alone?

Silver Sparks DOES sound interesting and the cover is pretty eye-catching.

Okay maybe I should stop there before my credit card explodes.

nath said...

Christine - LOL, it's not too bad. First, you have a plan and second, those are books you were already planning to get :)

Lauri J Owen said...

I list book reviewers and would like to include you if you want to be included. I can't find submission info, so if you want me to add you, please let me know - olauri AT gmail.com.

The list is here: http://laurijowen.blogspot.com/p/book-reviewers-list.html

nath said...

Lauri J Owen - Thank for your interest :) We don't really have submission guidelines, but if we ever do, I'll email you :)

sorry for the late reply.