Wednesday, August 26

New Releases - Aug 25 & Sept 1

Hmmmm, new releases. Don't you love those two words? LOL. I do... those two words are usually the cause of my wild booking adventures LOL. They mean new books to read, most of the time, sequels or favorite authors new work.

Something else I love as well: knowing which new releases people are waiting for, anticipating. Which books will make them rush to the bookstore (or perhaps, that's just me? :P) It always fun to see what others are anticipating and a lot of time, it brings new books/new authors to your attention. It can also start discussion and I'm hoping that it will help us looking for buddy reviewers LOL. As a result, this will become a new feature here at Breezing Through. For the moment, the plan is this new feature will be done on a bi-weekly basis, so the posts aren't miles long - since after all, there's four of us :) I hope you guys will enjoy!!

psst - anyone has a clever name for this feature?

***
August 25

With Seduction in Mind by Laura Lee Guhrke
A thoroughly modern woman…

Daisy Merrick has to earn her living, but she keeps getting the sack. When her rash tongue costs her yet another job, the feisty, outspoken girl-bachelor is undaunted, and she comes up with a plan that could give her a future beyond her wildest dreams. There’s only one problem. Her success depends on a man, the most infuriating, impossible, immovable man she’s ever met.

A most notorious man…

Sebastian Grant, Earl of Avermore, is England’s most famous author, but when writer’s block steals his creativity, Sebastian becomes more well-known for his notorious reputation than his work. When Daisy arrives on his doorstep, hired by his publisher to help him write his next book, Sebastian has no intention of cooperating. The provoking, fire-haired beauty stirs his senses beyond belief, and when collaboration forces them together at his country home, Sebastian knows he has only one way out. Seduction.
Genre: historical
Series: The Bachelorettes, Book #4

Nath: This is the 4th book in her Bachelorette series. I like Ms Guhrke's books and this series is cute. There was one that was so-so, but I really enjoyed the rest. I'm not sure about Daisy as an heroine from the glimpses we got in previous books, but still...

Chantal: I really liked The Marriage Bed by this author, so I should read some more from her. I'll have to start with the first in the series, though.


Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs
Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, the son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf opposes Charles and his father is struck down. Charles's reputation makes him the prime suspect, and the penalty for the crime is execution. Now Anna and Charles must combine their talents to hunt down the real killer-or Charles will take the fall.
Genre: urban fantasy
Series: Alpha & Omega, Book #3 (including novella)

Nath: LOL, do I need to justify this book? Ms Briggs has gained a huge fanbase with her two werewolves series - Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega and I know that a lot of people will be on the look out for this book. Me, I'm really looking forward to Hunting Ground, especially after reading Seeing Eye, the novella in the anthology Strange Brew. Now, I'm not only looking forward for Anna and Charles, but also Moira and Tom!

Chantal: Is this part of the Alpha and Omega series? Because as much as I love Mercy, I'm not a fan of A&O. If its a new series or stand alone book I am on board!

Ames: Chantal, it is part of the A&O series. Which I happen to enjoy! Anna and Charles have a different dynamic and anything by PB is always a good read. I’ve been looking forward to this release too, quite anxiously.

Monroe: PB is AWESOME and I’d read an obituary if the woman wrote it. Needless to say I WILL be getting this book ASAP! :o) Im a huge fan of her Mercy Thompson series and am soon to start the Alpha and Omega! LOVE HER!


Set the Dark on Fire by Jill Sorensen
In a southern California town ablaze with sordid secrets, a free-spirited biologist and a straitlaced sheriff join forces to investigate a suspicious killing - and find themselves getting a little too close to the flames.

Shay Phillips knows her way around Dark Canyon. She's handy with a gun and can track a wild animal with the best of them. It's humans who usually give her the most trouble. And with a hormonally charged teenage brother to raise - and an admitted weakness for the wrong kind of man - they're giving her plenty of trouble these days. Then there's the matter of murder. As an expert on mountain lions, Shay is skeptical when a local prostitute turns up mauled without a drop of blood near the body.

Now, together with the town's newly arrived sheriff, Luke Meza - a Las Vegas city boy with his own dark secrets - Shay must navigate a dangerous valley filled with angry ex-lovers, unfaithful spouses, and poisonous snakes in a desperate search for the killer. But when suspicion falls on her own brother, and her attraction to Luke rages into a full-on erotic affair, can Shay quell the fires inside her long enough to uncover the truth?
Genre: romantic suspense

Ames: I don’t know why, but I’ve been craving romantic suspense lately and what can I say, I like the cover.

Nath: Do you know if this is a sequel to Crash Into Me? I planned to try out that one, but never did... Don't think I'll pick up this one either, unless the reviews are good... So you'll have to let me know, okay?


Strangers Kiss by Mary Blayney
A year after the death of his wife, Lynford Pennistan, Duke of Meryon, has returned to London and his weighty political responsibilities. But no burden can equal the regret Lyn feels for never allowing himself to show his wife the emotion that could have saved his marriage. Now an unexpected encounter with a beautiful widow may offer him a second chance..

As reluctant guests at a ball, Lyn and an elegant stranger talk of love and loss in ways they never have before. And when they are later introduced, their attraction goes from passionate to scandalous. As England's political unrest explodes, so do the fires between Lyn and Elena Verano. But when a secret is revealed that will turn Elena's life upside down, Lyn is forced to make a choice that could destroy them both - if Elena doesn't make it for him.
Genre: historical romance

Ames: I have Mary’s other book and I’ve heard good things about her writing. (I’m so easy, aren’t I? LOL) Also, another pretty cover.


Surrender of a Siren by Tessa Dare
Desperate to escape a loveless marriage and society's constraints, pampered heiress Sophia Hathaway jilts her groom, packs up her paints and sketchbook, and assumes a new identity, posing as a governess to secure passage on the Aphrodite. She wants a life of her own: unsheltered, unconventional, uninhibited. But it's one thing to sketch her most wanton fantasies, and quite another to face the dangerously handsome libertine who would steal both her virtue and her gold.

To any well-bred lady, Benedict "Gray" Grayson is trouble in snug-fitting boots. A conscienceless scoundrel who sails the seas for pleasure and profit, Gray lives for conquest-until Sophia's perception and artistry stir his heart. Suddenly he'll brave sharks, fire, storm, and sea just to keep her at his side. She's beautiful, refined, and ripe for seduction. Could this counterfeit governess be a rogue's redemption? Or will the runaway heiress's secrets destroy their only chance at love?
Genre: historical romance
Series: Goddess, Siren and Lady, Book #2

Ames: Almost forgot this one! Yeah yeah, i haven't read the first one but I don't care, I'm still going to buy this one. LOL

Nath: Same here! LOL. I think it's good to be prepared and I heard good stuff about this author.


September 1

Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder
Student glass magician Opal Cowan's newfound ability to steal a magician's powers makes her too powerful. Ordered to house arrest by the Council, Opal dares defy them, traveling to the Moon Clan's lands in search of Ulrick, the man she thinks she loves. Thinks because she is sure another man now her prisoner has switched souls with Ulrick.

In hostile territory, without proof or allies, Opal isn't sure whom to trust. She can't forget Kade, the handsome Stormdancer who doesn't want to let her get close. And now everyone is after Opal's special powers for their own deadly gain...
Genre: fantasy
Series: Glass trilogy, Book #2

Nath: This is the second book in the Glass trilogy by Ms Snyder. Definitively looking forward to this one. Can't wait to find out what's going to happen to Opal and Kade. What I like about Ms Snyder trilogy is the sense of adventure that we feel as we're reading. I'm hoping will get some Yelena and Valek as well :)

Ames: I really enjoy Maria Snyder’s writing so I’ve been looking forward to this series. I haven’t read Storm Glass yet but I do have it. LOL


Highland Rebel by Judith James
Amidst the upheaval of Cromwell's Britain, Jamie Sinclair's wit and military prowess have served him well. Leading a troop in Scotland, he impetuously marries a captured maiden, saving her from a grim fate.

A Highlands heiress to title and fortune, Catherine Drummond is not the woman Jamie believes her to be. When her people effect her rescue, and he cannot annul the marriage, Jamie goes to recapture his hellcat of a new wife...

In a world where family and creed cannot be trusted, where faith fuels intolerance and war, Catherine and Jamie test the bounds of loyalty, friendship, and trust...
Genre: historical
Series: sequel to Broken Wing

Nath: I think everyone has heard of Judith James after Kristie's Quest for Broken Wing. Highland Rebel is the sequel, this time featuring young James. Although the book is not out yet, I know that both Kristie and Brie highly enjoyed it. That's enough to put it on my TBB list :)

Ames: I really enjoyed Broken Wing so I’m really looking forward to HR. I didn’t realize that Kristie had already reviewed it, but its good to know she enjoyed it.

Nath: Not sure if she reviewed it yet, but I know she liked it :P


Black at Heart by Leslie Parrish
Wyatt Blackstone has done his best to mask his romantic feelings for Lily Fletcher, the brilliant but fragile young woman whose technical skills have helped him track countless violent Internet predators. But now he must fin out if the woman he loves has become a rogue agent obsessed with cold-blooded revenge.
Genre: romantic suspense
Series: Black Cats, Book #3

Nath: Okay, okay, I admit it - I still haven't read the first two books Fade to Black and Black Pitch. However, I've heard a lot of good things about this series and Ms Parrish's writing. Many have compared her style to Karen Rose... and I just want to be prepared when I'll devour her books... because I know it's going to happen! (especially since Lori has been enjoying her so much!)


Waking Nightmare by Kylie Brant
First he learns your darkest fears. Then he makes you live them.

With a serial rapist on the loose on the streets of Savannah, hot-shot detective Ryne Robel needs all the help he can get for his task force. And he needs it now, before another woman falls victim. But Abbie Phillips isn't what he bargained for. Sent from an exclusive group of the best criminologists in the country, she's smart, fierce... and distracting. She may be a brilliant forensic profiler, but Ryne needs answers, not pyschobabble and head games.

However, Abbie convinces him that head games are exactly what this elusive suspect is all about. The seemingly random acts or torture are actually calculated to match each victim's darkest fears. And the stakes are rising. While they study the devious psychopath, he's watching them--the next objects of his horrifying obsession.
Genre: romantic suspense
Series: The Mindhunters, Book #1

Nath: I've never read this author before, but she has 3 books coming out in the next three months - just like Ms Parrish did earlier this summer. Her books are obviously romantic suspense... I guess I'm trying to find authors/books that will fill the void while I'm waiting for Ms Rose's next release. Anyhow, this caught my eye. Really hoping it'll be good...


Trick of the Light by Rob Thurman
When Trixa learns of a powerful artifact known as the Light of Life, she knows she's hit the jackpot. Both sides - angel and demon - would give anything for it. But first she has to find it. And as Heaven and Hell ready for an apocalyptic throwdown, Trixa must decide where her true loyalty lies, and what she's ready to fight for. Because in her world, if you line up on the wrong side, you pay with more than your life.
Genre: urban fantasy
Series: The Tricksters, Book #1

Nath: Rob Thurman is my new author at the moment. I'm really loving Cal Leandros series, so I'm looking forward to this book. This is the first book in a new series and this time, the main character is a woman. I think it's going to be really interesting.


The Drowning City by Amanda Downum
Symir -- the Drowning City. Home to exiles and expatriates, pirates and smugglers. And violent revolutionaries who will stop at nothing to overthrow the corrupt Imperial government.

For Isyllt Iskaldur, necromancer and spy, the brewing revolution is a chance to prove herself to her crown. All she has to do is find and finance the revolutionaries, and help topple the palaces of Symir. But she is torn between her new friends and her duties, and the longer she stays in this monsoon-drenched city, the more intrigue she uncovers -- even the dead are plotting.

As the waters rise and the dams crack, Isyllt must choose between her mission and the city she came to save.
Genre: fantasy
Series: The Necromancers Chronicles, Book #1

Nath: Love the cover. When I said that going through others' list of new releases can inspire you, I really meant it :) Saw this at Renee's blog not long ago and it sounded interesting and it definitively caught my attention. Now, it's on my TBB list since I've been in a mood for a good fantasy lately and I'm hoping this will be it.


Must Love Hellhounds by Meljean Brook, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews and Charlaine Harris (anthology)
In these hound-eat-hound worlds, anything goes. and everything bites.

Follow paranormal bodyguards Clovache and Batanya into Lucifer's realm, where they encounter his fearsome four-legged pets, in Charlaine Harris's The Britlingens Go to Hell. Seek out a traitor in the midst of a guild of non- lethal vampire trackers, one that intends to eradicate the entire species of bloodsuckers, in Nalini Singh's Angels' Judgment. Find out why the giant three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades has left the underworld for the real world - and whose scent he's following - in Ilona Andrews's Magic Mourns. Embark on a perilous search for the kidnapped niece of a powerful vampire alongside her blind - and damn sexy - companion and a hellhound in Meljean Brook's Blind Spot.

These four novellas by today's hottest paranormal authors will have hellhound lovers everywhere howling.
Genre: urban fantasy/paranormal romance
Series: NS Guild Hunter - MB The Guardians - IA Kate Daniels

Nath: Meljean Brook, Nalini Singh and Ilona Andrews all have a novella in this anthology. Need I say more? LOL

Ames: Can I borrow this from you Nath? LOL

Nath: LOL, yes you can :)


Can't Stand the Heat by Louisa Edwards
For sharp-tongued food critic Miranda Wake, the chance to spend a month in Adam Temple's [LE1] kitchen to write an expos is a journalistic dream come true. Surely Miranda can find a way to cut the hotshot chef down to size once she learns what really goes on at his trendy Manhattan restaurant. But she never expected Adam to find out her most embarrassing secret: she has no idea how to cook. Adam's not about to have his reputation burned by a critic who doesn't even know the difference between poaching and paring. He'll just have to give the tempting redhead a few private lessons of his own-teaching her what it means to cook with passion...and doing more with his hands than simply preparing sumptuous food.
Genre: contemporary
Series: Recipes for Love, Book #1

Nath: I needed to add a contemporary to my list and this seems to fit the bill :) It sounds cute and it has a chef in it :) Good time ahead!

Monroe: Never read this author before but a few things here…the cover is super cute, it combines the two things I love…food and sex, and everyone knows how I love my contemp romances so why not try it?!? I'm sure it’ll be adorable!

Nath: Me neither. I actually think this is her debut novel!


Never Love a Lawman by Jo Goodman
Rachel Bailey may seem like just a beautiful newcomer to most of Reidsville, Colorado, but Sheriff Wyatt Cooper knows she's much more. Through a twist of fate, Rachel is the inheritor of a very valuable commodity: control of the railway that's keeps the isolated mining town connected to the world. That is, she will be, if she agrees to the surprising stipulation in her benefactor's will - that she marry Wyatt. Rachel has no choice: refusing the marriage could put all of Reidsville in the hands of an outsider - and not just any outsider, but the cruel tyrant she has come here to escape. Yet living with Wyatt will be her greatest challenge. For he has a tempting way about him that makes Rachel forget theirs is a marriage in name only - until her frightening past shows up to remind them exactly how much they have at stake...
Genre: western romance

Ames: I hear Jo Goodman’s a good author. LOL

Nath: I expect many will be getting this one, especially after the Great Western Drive. Also, Jo Goodman is a popular author, so I good combination for those who'd be interested to try a western.


Pleasure and Purpose by Megan Hart
Introducing the women of the Order of Solace-three new novellas from the national bestselling master of erotic romance.

The handmaidens of the Order of Solace are each named for the exquisite service that best reflects their true calling. Their greatest delight is giving pleasure-devoted as they are to fulfilling the desires of the mind, the needs of the soul, and the cravings of the body.

Meet Stillness, called upon to soothe the conscience of a man in need of redemption after a shocking act from his sexual past. Then there-s Honesty, whose vow of Solace is to a prince looking for a submissive handmaiden. Instead, he gets the unexpected. And finally, Determination, a handmaiden confronted with a client lost in a haze of random sex and drugs. She has just the plan to literally whip her man into shape.
Genre: erotic romance anthology
Series: Order of Solace, Book #1

Ames: I’ve read quite a few of Megan’s books and she’s definitely an auto-buy author.

Monroe: The cover alone is enough to make me want to read this book. I have only read one erotica book thus far so I’m really wanting to try another! YUM!

Nath: I still haven't read this author ^_^; I should right? LOL. She has quite a lot of new releases coming out this fall...

***

So there you have it, the new releases we're expecting :) What about you?

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow. So many books! Of these... on my list:
-the Guhrke. check.

-the Sorenson. check.

-the Blayney. I've never heard of her, but this sounds so good, and that cover is gorgeous! yeah, I can be bought by a beautiful cover, LOL.

-the Dare. Already read it. Worth every penny, for this and Goddess of the Hunt.

-the James. Meh. Maybe, but not likely unless I run out of other stuff to read.

-the Parrish. Already on its way from Amazon. You guys have to read her. She's awesome.

-the Brant. Hadn't heard of this series, but it sounds up my alley. I'll definitely be reading the first one.

-the Edwards. Sounds adorable. I'm there! Love me some men-chefs.

-the Goodman. Everyone is talking this one up. I love westerns, and Jo Goodman rocks. Nuff said. check.

Another starred post in my GReader to look at when I go book shopping - thanks!!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

I'm just gonna say... WOW!!!! Ladies you rock at information! This was awesome!!! Thanks for the information and heads up!!!
I hope everyone had a great day and a wonderful tomorrow!

nath said...

Lori - LOL :) Seriously, I think it really helps others when it comes to choosing their books :)

I thought you would pick up the Kylie Brant since you've been in a romantic suspense mood.

I have the Guhrke, I just need to read it now :)

Cecile - LOL, that's not even all the releases coming out. Just the ones we want :) Yep, we are lazy that way LOL.

Have a great day to you too!

Isabel said...

Ooo Megan Hart!!! Gotta buy it! Thanks ladies!

Louisa Edwards said...

Hey! CAN'T STAND THE HEAT is my debut novel; the second in the series, ON THE STEAMY SIDE, will be out next March. Hope you like it! Thanks for including me on your list. :)

nath said...

Louisa - Thanks for the confirmation, Louisa :D I'll definitively be reading this book and I'm glad it's actually a sequel :D

Do you have a name for the series?

nath said...

Isabel - You're welcome Isabel :) Hope you enjoy it!

Louisa Edwards said...

It's the Recipe for Love series, all set in the Manhattan culinary scene, full of hot chefs and yummy food! There are recipes in the back. I'm writing the third one now!