Wednesday, August 5

Buddy Review: Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

I'm proud to be the person to get Ames hooked on this series. We were excited to do this review together since we both love Georgina so much.

Also, there are spoilers.

Georgina Kincaid has been a bad, bad succubus...

…which should be a good thing. But lately, thanks to her foul mood over breaking up with bestselling writer Seth Mortensen, she’s been so wicked that Seattle’s über-demon Jerome, decides to “outsource” Georgina to a rival—and have her spy for him in the process.

Being exiled to the frozen north—okay, Vancouver—and leaving Seth in the cozy clutches of his new girlfriend is unpleasant enough. Then Jerome is kidnapped, and all immortals under his control mysteriously lose their powers. One bright spot: with her life-sucking ability gone, there’s nothing to keep Georgina from getting down and dirty with Seth—nothing apart from his girlfriend that is. Now, as the supernatural population starts turning on itself, a newly mortal Georgina must rescue her boss and figure out who’s been playing them—or all hell will break loose…

Ames: Chantal! I just finished Succubus Heat. I LOVED IT.

Did you read it and finish it yet???

I just want to say Squeeee for my review. LOL

Chantal: OMGOMGOMG.

Seth is going to hell. Wahhhh.

WTF was with the over use of the word 'inasmuch'? I wanted to scream after the fourth time. What a stupid word to over use, it stood out pretty bad.

How great was it that they FINALLY got to have sex? I was afraid it would be anticlimactic, but it wasn't!!

Ames: I know!!! It was awesome.
But now I'm worried about Seth going to hell. :(

Chantal: My belly flip flopped when I read that. :(
Maybe he will become immortal.
Or maybe hell isn't that bad.

I'm loving Georgie having a roommate. I'm glad he is back, I liked Roman in the first book.

Ames: I kind of want Georgie and roman to be together now. Because I did reread the first book and she really really liked him at the end. :P

Chantal: Yes, and he didn't kill her even though she ratted on him, so that's a bonus. LOL

Ames: I know. He said he loved her too.

Chantal: I knew early on that Georgie's helper was Roman, that excited me. Things were unresolved with them at the end of Succubus Blues, I'm glad he came back. I've been expecting him too.

Ames: I didn't think it was Roman at first. But I'm so glad he's back. I re-read the first book just to remind myself how things ended between them. So I do believe that Roman and her and going to get down and dirty again.

Although I kind of want something to happen with Carter. LOL

Chantal: I think that Carter is in love with her.

Ames: With Carter, you can tell her cares about her. And he's always mentioning how even she's not unredeemable and nothings set in stone.

Chantal: I've been thinking about Seth going to Hell, and I'm not that worried anymore. Are you still worried about it?

Ames: Not really.

I was really devastated by what he did in book 3. I kid you not. But I didn't cry. I'm not that wussy. haha

Chantal: You mean cheating on her, right? I actually cried! Grrr, damn Seth.

Ames: I was pretty dang close to crying. But I saw it coming. Especially with how Georgie was helping Maddy with her make-over and how Seth was the one who noticed it.

Also, what about her contract? Do you think that storyline is over?

Chantal: I do think the contract part is over, it's been looked at by a few who know what they are doing. If they find nothing wrong then it's prolly on the up and up. There has got to be another reason why whatisname messed with her like that.

I can't tell if the author likes Canada or not. Some of her Canuck jokes were over played. And the many Timmies mention... We get it already. Canada IS known for
more than it's coffee, ya know!

Ames: I had to laugh at the author's mentions of Timmies. Like she did her homework. I'm also thinking she likes her double double. LOL

Chantal: What is the name of that new succubus, the one that Georgie was helping? I laughed so hard when she got stuck in that horrid body, lol.

Ames: That other succubus, her name starts with an A. Aubrey? Ugh, Georgie needs to smack some sense into her!

Chantal:
Isn't Aubrey the cat?

Ames: Oh shoot, I think Aubrey is the cat. LOL

Chantal: One of my favourite parts on the book was when she walked to the bookstore as a "mortal". It really hit home how we all really could smashed by a bus just by walking down the street. We never think of it, though. Georgie's emotions came through so strong during that scene.

Ames: I like when the vampires were walking around during the day. LOL And poor Jerome! But there's a shift there, in his relationship to Georgie. Remember how before she always remarked on how he treated her like a teacher's pet? That's not there anymore. Things are definitely changing in this series, that's for sure.

But with all the traveling - I found that part of it kind of boring - the first half of the book is definitely not as interesting as the second half. And that's not just me being all focused on the sex!


Chantal: The group on Canada was kinda... dumb. It was leading up to a big story line, especially with the power struggle within the group. Even though we found out who was the real power, and why, it happened in a way that felt rushed.
You're right, the back and forth travels were tedious and not even necesary. Just felt like space fillers until we got to to the more exciting parts of the book.

Jerome's attitude has absolutely changed when it comes to Georgie. I hope we get to expand some more on that with the next book.

Ames: Yeah, I felt that the cult stuff didn't really go anywhere. Just to show how the group was being controlled by someone else.

OMG, I totally saw that Dante was the guy who did the thing! To Jerome? I saw it.

I loved how everyone hated Dante for Georgie. It shows that her circle cared about her.

Chantal: Oh! I had no idea!! I didn't suspect Dante at all.

Gosh, girl, my expectations for the next book are HUGE.


Ames: Mine too.

I just want to say again, I LOVED this book and it's a great addition to the series. I'm giving Succubus Heat an A+ and I'm anxious for more Georgie!!


Chantal:I'm giving it an A-

9 comments:

CindyS said...

Hey guys - I haven't heard about this series so I'll go and look it up. I see the A+ (holy cow!) and the A- and must now go forth and find the new shiny series I will probably get upset about ;)

CindyS

Monroe Dawson said...

Ok gals...I didn't read the review b/c it had spoilers but I just HAD to comment that I'm TOTALLY excited about this book and LOVE this series. I'll soon be starting the 3rd book in the series...LUVS GEORGINA! ;o)

nath said...

Great review ladies!! LOL, I'm still afraid of starting this series though ^_^; Sad no?

Monroe Dawson said...

...I read the review...I broke...I also thretened Amy to tell me everything and now Im so DAMN upset I dont wanna read it! :*( I could effing SCREAM! *pouting

~ames~ said...

Cindy-I'm hurt! I've reviewed the previous 3 books! LOL

Nath-It is sad. But I know since we love it so much, you might have the opposite reaction. :*(

Monroe-I KNEW I shouldn't have said anything. But for real, you gotta think ahead, and finish this series. It's the best!!

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

Great review! This is one of my favorite series! I wish Georgina and Seth would get together but then I think what an ass he is for dating her best friend right in front of her!!! I <3 Carter, too. I don't know what's going to happen next but I can't wait because I know it's going to be a good story!

~ames~ said...

Patti-I know! I just hate waiting though. LOL

I'm over Seth now - I really want something to happen with Carter. haha The forbidden element to it all. haha

Anonymous said...

Great review! This series just keeps getting better and better. I think the contract is iron clad but the wording that "no mortal will ever know her" is telling to me. I think she will have to go back to her original human form for some reason, and someon will recognize her as Letha and the contract will be null and void. This HEA is what will get me thru the next nine months!!

~ames~ said...

Anon-That's a very interesting theory! I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next book. :(